vodder lymphatic drainage
What is the Vodder Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) method?
Developed by Dr. Emil Vodder in France in the 1930’s, this precise method is a light-touch therapy that supports the body to heal itself. The wave-like massage technique activates and recirculates the flow within the lymph vessels stimulating toxins, accumulated cellular waste and excess fluids to be removed more efficiently. This allows for a faster transfer of skin sustaining vital nutrients, minerals and oxygen for cell renewal.
MLD initializes a deep relaxation response which is the only time the body can truly repair, allowing the rebuilding of fibroblasts and collagen tissue which expands and lengthens the life of our cells, benefiting our skin in powerful restorative effects. Vodder MLD is internationally recognized by aesthetic, clinical wellness and medical communities as the benchmark for attaining a harmonious free-flowing lymphatic system and is the perfect bridge between esthetics and therapy – a modality which delivers optimal cellular nutrition regeneration, rejuvenation, skin healing and long lasting results.
What is the lymphatic system?
The lymphatic system is our body’s biological filter and most vital component of our immune system. It is a vast network of vessels lying directly beneath the skin in the soft connective tissue and functions to regulate fluid- balance, filter and carry excess proteins build-up of cells pathogens and toxic-wastes from the tissues back to the bloodstream; thereby protecting our bodies from disease. Unlike the circulatory system which uses the heart to pump and circulate blood flow, the lymph relies upon hundreds of tiny muscular lymphangia’s contracting throughout the body which need movement to be stimulated. This process can be impaired due to fatigue, stress, infections, inflammation, chemicals, lack of physical activity or age. When lymph circulation is stagnant, it is like a clogged drain. Fluids and toxins accumulate causing cellular function to be significantly compromised which slows the healing process, opens the way to skin disorders and hastens the aging process.
Lymphatic Drainage Facial Massage Benefits
A series of 6 weekly one hour sessions will most support and speed up desired results. Follow up this series with monthly visits to maintain your enhanced lymph flow and healthy skin glow.
- Creates a radiant healthy glow, leaves skin feeling beautifully soft and silky smooth
- Eliminates breakouts and toxic build-up
- Revitalizes lackluster skin
- Rehydrates – restores fluid balance
- Encourages faster cell renewal to nourish and rejuvenate
- Heals overworked skin
- Reduces fluid retention and inflammation
- Enhances skin tone; skin is fresh, clean and clear
- Calming, promotes deep relaxation, de-stresses overly tired skin
- Gentle, soothing and noninvasive, suitable for all skin types and ages
- Perfect for the bride to be!
- 100 % organic, maximizing your own body’s natural resources
- No irritating side effects
Skin Conditions that may benefit from manual lymph drainage facials
- Acne, Rosacea, Eczema and Psoriasis
- Aging and sun damaged skin
- Over-reactive, inflamed, very sensitive skin
- Hyperpigmentation and scars
- Fluid retention and swelling
- Puffy eyes, bags under eyes, dry eyes, tired eyes
- Fatigue tension and stress
- Headaches and migraines
- Sinus congestion
- Bruising and hematomas
- Pre and post dermabrasion, laser resurfacing and chemical peels
- Post-surgical edema
- Pre and post subcision and cosmetic surgery
Anyone experiencing these conditions should not receive MLD
- Acute inflammation and infection
- Acute allergic reactions
- Congestive heart disease
- Tuberculosis and asthma
- Low blood pressure
- Recent thrombosis – less than 6 months